Thursday, 4 February 2016

Writing Reflection

I do not write during my spare time. Usually I spend my spare time watching netflix and going outdoors with my brother.My favourite writer is Nicholas Sparks because the only books I read are his. My favourite kind of writing is persuasive because I am good at convincing people to do things and in grade 9 I got a very good mark on my persuasive writing piece. Since I am good at persuading people persuasive writing comes easiest for me. I find writing essays very difficult. I get my ideas for writing from class discussions. I am currently working on a piece of writing in English class. It is a short story essay on the book To Kill A Mockingbird. A piece of writing I have written that I am proud of is a descriptive essay on my cousin Courtney. I wrote this story in grade 7 and got an A+ on it. Usually I only produce one draft copy for writing and edit it very well. I feel my strengths as a writer would be description, a few of my teachers have told me I describe things well and get right into strong detail. My biggest weakness as a writer would be sentence structure, I tend to have good ideas but I ramble on too much. If I had to choose my favourite subject to write about it would be sports related things such as hockey or soccer. My second favourite subject would be writing about my family. My goals as a writer for this semester is to become stronger in the sections of writing I am weak at such as sentence structure and to become a good writer so I can get good grades on writing pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment